The Bowling Club was formed in 1921, when N. Corah & Sons, one of the largest hosiery companies in the country, bought the sports ground on Thurcaston Road,Leicester. Starting as St. Margaret’s B. C. It shared the ground with football, cricket and tennis, changing the name to Corah B. C. in the early 1970s. It continued until 1990, when road developments had reduced the sports ground in size, and the company decided to sell the remaining land.
The members rallied together and moved the whole of the bowling green complex to a new site on the Co-operative Sports Ground in Birstall, Leicester. The Club was named St. Margarets Co-operative B. C. And is now one of the finest bowling clubs in Leicestershire.Visit smcbc.com
All images and content are copyright to their respective owners.